A Rescue for WaMu?
The grim outlook for mortgage defaults as the housing slump deepens has kept pressure on banks such as Washington Mutual (WM) that continue to have a lot of mortgage-related exposure. But a cash infusion of $7 billion that the bank announced on Apr. 8 could give investors more confidence that WaMu will be able to ride out the mortgage storm.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fewest Jobless Claims Since 1973 Show Firm U.S. Job Market
- Germans Are Going Wild for a Show Set During the Dawn of the Nazis
- GE's New CEO Slashes Profit Outlook, Sends Shares Tumbling
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself
- U.S. Senate Adopts Budget, Giving Momentum to Trump's Tax-Cut Plans