Pernod Ricard Swallows Absolut
French drinks giant Pernod Ricard (PERP.PA) bellied up to the acquisition bar on Mar. 31, announcing an $8.9 billion deal for Swedish vodka brand Absolut. The purchase puts one of the world's top-selling liquors into Pernod's cabinet, while strengthening its U.S. presence and boosting its total sales to within striking distance of Diageo (DEO), the global No. 1 spirits group.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- This $14 Million Atlanta Home With Bunker Is ‘Safest in America’
- These Cities Make NYC Housing Look Dirt Cheap
- GE's New CEO Vows Sweeping Change After ‘Unacceptable’ Report
- Separatists Pledge to Fight On After Spain Moves to Oust Catalan Leaders
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself