High Hopes for an Intel-STMicro Spin-off
Brian Harrison needs to succeed where his counterparts at Intel (INTC) and STMicroelectronics (STM) failed. As CEO of new chip company Numonyx, Harrison inherits two of those companies' worst-performing units—and must make them pay off in a way they did not for their previous owners. Intel owns 45% of Numonyx, STMicro holds 49%, and private equity fund Francisco Partners owns 6%.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Stocks Slide From Records as Anxiety Bubbles Up: Markets Wrap
- Turns Out It Will Be Congress’s Fault When Stocks Crash
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Facebook and Google Helped Anti-Refugee Campaign in Swing States