Vital Signs: Bernanke Goes to the Hill
The markets will have a lot to absorb this week. Perhaps most important, Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke goes up to Capitol Hill on Wednesday morning to testify before the Joint Economic Committee on the economic outlook. It's his first public appearance since the collapse of Bear Stearns (BSC) and the Fed’s Mar. 18 rate cut. Bernanke will have an opportunity to explain more fully the Fed’s latest innovative policy moves and its decisions on the handling of the mess at Bear.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- This $14 Million Atlanta Home With Bunker Is ‘Safest in America’
- These Cities Make NYC Housing Look Dirt Cheap
- GE's New CEO Vows Sweeping Change After ‘Unacceptable’ Report
- Separatists Pledge to Fight On After Spain Moves to Oust Catalan Leaders
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself