ECB Remains Focused on Inflation
Led by rising prices for food and energy, euro zone inflation is at the highest level since the start of the European Monetary Union. And the central bank is detecting the first signs that inflation expectations are creeping higher as a result, raising the specter of second-round effects. As long as the European Central Bank remains cautiously optimistic on growth, inflation risk will leave central bankers resistant to rate cuts.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Marc Faber Asked to Leave Sprott Board After Racist Report
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing