Chicago's New Source of High-End Spirits
Chicago's Derek and Sonja Kassebaum were once a typical North Shore power couple. A chemical engineer with an MBA, Derek was a business consultant, while Sonja, a tax lawyer, worked in human resources at eLoyalty (ELOY), a management consultancy. Both enjoyed their work but never felt passionate about it. Then, a few years ago, they read about a couple like themselves who had quit their Wall Street jobs to make specialty spirits. Now there was a profession that spoke to them. "We'd played around with making beer and wine at home," Derek says. "There's a sense of satisfaction in seeing something we made on the shelf."
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Uber Paid Hackers to Delete Stolen Data on 57 Million People
- Tesla’s Burning Through Nearly Half a Million Dollars Every Hour
- European Stocks Erase Losses; Dollar Edges Lower: Markets Wrap
- Two Biggest Risks Now Are China and Inflation, Market Veteran Says
- New Uber CEO Keeps Finding Horrors at Every Turn