Rally Your Troops Like Churchill
"The news from France is very bad." That's how British Prime Minister Winston Churchill began a radio broadcast on June 17, 1940, in the darkest hours of World War II. Churchill acknowledged the harsh facts, but also saw reasons for hope. In fact, he ended that broadcast with a line he would often repeat—"We are sure that in the end all will be well." Churchill's inspirational leadership and extraordinary communication skills rallied the British as they fought for survival.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Bitcoin Futures Deliver Wild Ride as Debut Brings Rally, Halts
- Investors Told to Brace for Steepest Rate Hikes Since 2006
- World's Second-Tallest Building Opens With a Whimper After Delay
- A Manager of $42 Billion Fears Bubble in World's Biggest Stocks
- Longtime NPR Host Tom Ashbrook Is Facing Misconduct Allegations