NY Auto Show: Big Yellow TaxiBy
New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg has ordered all city taxis to operate on hybrid engines by 2012 as part of his drive to reduce air pollution. The city’s conventionally powered cabs—namely Ford Crown Victorias— currently get about 14 miles (22.5 kilometers) a gallon of gasoline. After the transition, city taxis, Bloomberg has said, will meet a 30 miles-a-gallon standard.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fed Raises Rates, Eyes Three 2018 Hikes as Yellen Era Nears End
- These Guys Want to Lend You Money Against Your Bitcoin
- This Electric Truck Will Probably Beat Tesla’s to Market
- Bitcoin Points Way to ‘Massive Change’ for Commodity Businesses
- Disney Buys Fox Assets in $52 Billion Split of Murdoch Realm