Take Precautions When Handling Customers' Personal Information
[As a small business owner, it is important to be aware of laws that require you to implement safeguards for protecting your customers’ information, including proper due diligence when destroying sensitive materials. To comply with these laws and minimize exposure of customers’ records, businesses in all industries should not only invest in diamond cut shredders or shred services, but also take caution when sending any mail out to the public that contains account information or Social Security numbers. If personal or even company information needs to be sent, truncate the numbers to protect your customers’ information, and your business’s integrity.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fed Raises Rates, Eyes Three 2018 Hikes as Yellen Era Nears End
- These Guys Want to Lend You Money Against Your Bitcoin
- This Electric Truck Will Probably Beat Tesla’s to Market
- Bitcoin Points Way to ‘Massive Change’ for Commodity Businesses
- Disney Buys Fox Assets in $52 Billion Split of Murdoch Realm