Fujifilm Focuses on Pharma
Shigetaka Komori isn't one for subtleties. When the president and chief executive of Fujifilm Holdings (FUJI) announced, in mid-February, that his company would pay nearly $1.5 billion for a majority stake in Japanese pharmaceutical maker Toyama Chemical, he quickly established that this was no mere trophy purchase. "We aim to become a comprehensive health-care company," he boasted to reporters in Tokyo.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- The Latest on the Political Turmoil in Zimbabwe
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Oil Bosses Insist End Isn't Nigh After $35 Billion Shock