Blackstone: Biding Its Time
The credit crisis has taken a toll on Blackstone Group's (BX) profitability, and the company doesn't expect market conditions to improve any time soon. But that hasn't stopped it from making nine new private equity commitments totaling $2.8 billion since the credit crunch began -- and it's only a matter of time before the M&A kingpin pounces on the distressed equity and debt opportunities it sees.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fewest Jobless Claims Since 1973 Show Firm U.S. Job Market
- Germans Are Going Wild for a Show Set During the Dawn of the Nazis
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself
- U.S. Stocks Climb With Treasuries as Dollar Slides: Markets Wrap