Movers: WaMu, Thornburg, Ambac, National Semi, Ciena, Citigroup
Washington Mutual (WM) falls after the Wall Street Journal reports that with federal regulators prodding banks to raise more capital, WaMu and other battered lenders have approached private-equity firms and sovereign-wealth funds about possible cash infusions, according to people familiar with the situation. S&P maintains hold.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fewest Jobless Claims Since 1973 Show Firm U.S. Job Market
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day
- U.S. Stocks Climb With Treasuries as Dollar Slides: Markets Wrap
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself
- Germans Are Going Wild for a Show Set During the Dawn of the Nazis