Legg Mason's big Citi deal keeps the hurt onAaron Pressman
Mark Fetting has been president and CEO of Baltimore-based money manager Legg Mason (Symbol: LM) for less than six weeks but what exciting weeks they’ve been! Today, the firm announced yet another write-down to cover for structured investments gone bad in its cash funds. S&P downgraded the shares to “hold” from “buy,” noting that “continuing struggles, combined with tough markets and recent fund underperformance, will continue to adversely affect fund flows and average asset balances.” The company’s shares are off just 2% but they’ve dropped 15% in 2008.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Bitcoin Futures Deliver Wild Ride as Debut Brings Rally, Halts
- Investors Told to Brace for Steepest Rate Hikes Since 2006
- Longtime NPR Host Tom Ashbrook Is Facing Misconduct Allegations
- Times Square Subway Bomber Tells Police He’s a Follower of Islamic State
- Buffett's About to Get $3 Billion Back From Burger King Owner