China's New Roadmap for Political Reform
Last week I presented the first part of a private interview with Li Yuanchao (BusinessWeek.com, 2/20/08), who was promoted to China's Politburo after his great success in his five-year term as Party Secretary of high-output Jiangsu Province. A longtime colleague of Communist Party of China (CPC) General Secretary and China President Hu Jintao from their years together in the Communist Youth League, Minister Li is now head of the powerful Organization Dept. of the Central Committee of the CPC, which appoints senior officials in ministries of the central government and in provincial and municipal governments, and senior executives of China's large state-owned enterprises. Li had just published a provocative, controversial article in People's Daily on "Intra-Party Democracy," which elaborated and extended President Hu's call in the Party Congress for greater democracy.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- Musk Dusts Off the Fundraising Playbook With Semi, Roadster Orders