A $40 Billion Tanker Battle
It's a classic dogfight. On one side, cruising at a good clip, flies Boeing (BA), the U.S.'s second-largest defense contractor with some $66 billion in total sales. Ready to attack is $32 billion Northrop Grumman (NOC), the No. 3 contractor. It has allied itself with European Aeronautic Defence & Space (EADS), Boeing's archrival in commercial and military aircraft. At stake is a $40 billion contract to supply the U.S. Air Force with 179 new refueling tankers.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Ivanka Trump Faces Courtroom Showdown Over $785 Sandals
- Uber Losing Battle in London After Regulator Revokes License
- Mercedes Plots Tesla Attack With $1 Billion U.S. Electric Push
- How Electric Cars Can Create the Biggest Disruption Since the iPhone
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Is Said to Plan About 5,000 Job Cuts