Why HR is so horribleBy
I’ve been filling out performance reviews for years. And each one is a mind-numbing waste of time. Why is this? These systems try to wrench us onto established pathways (invariably artificial) so that we can be measured. They demand structured data, and most of the value we create—our ideas, and our relationships inside the company and out—is marvelously unstructured. It doesn’t fit into boxes (anymore than the value of a company is reflected by its org chart).
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Ivanka Trump Faces Courtroom Showdown Over $785 Sandals
- Uber Losing Battle in London After Regulator Revokes License
- Mercedes Plots Tesla Attack With $1 Billion U.S. Electric Push
- How Electric Cars Can Create the Biggest Disruption Since the iPhone
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Is Said to Plan About 5,000 Job Cuts