Housing and Cherry BlossomsBy
Two quick notes to end the week: 1. Deutsche Bank (db) has an interesting note out on home prices in the U.S. After an exhaustive analysis of 100 metropolitan areas around the country, the bank’s analysts say home prices will fall at least another 8.1%. Prices could drop as much as 25.7% from this point. This is a wide range, a demonstration of how much uncertainty is floating over housing market at this point. Also, in contrast to those who say the problem is confined to just a few regions, Deutsche Bank thinks the weak housing market stretches across the country, with three-quarters of metropolitan areas expected to see prices fall.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Wants Out of Oil and Gas