Retail Sales, Stimulus News Help Stocks
Stocks finished sharply higher Wednesday after stronger-than-expected retail sales in January helped ease the widespread fears of a recession. Sentiment was also lifted by President Bush’s signing of the U.S. economic stimulus package, some favorable earnings reports, and late-session reports that Yahoo! (YHOO) is discussing a possible partnership with News Corp. (NWS).
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- Musk Dusts Off the Fundraising Playbook With Semi, Roadster Orders