Stocks Advance in Choppy TradingDavid Bogoslaw
Major U.S. stock indexes finished higher Thursday, supported by bargain hunters who emerged after three straight losing sessions on Wall Street. Equities rebounded from earlier declines as some encouraging January sales figures from some retailers helped to curb pessimism ignited by Cisco Systems' (CSCO) negative outlook for the current quarter. The U.S. dollar surged as interest rates climbed following a poor $9 billion 30-year Treasury refunding auction, while bond prices tumbled.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Ivanka Trump Faces Courtroom Showdown Over $785 Sandals
- Uber Losing Battle in London After Regulator Revokes License
- Mercedes Plots Tesla Attack With $1 Billion U.S. Electric Push
- How Electric Cars Can Create the Biggest Disruption Since the iPhone
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Is Said to Plan About 5,000 Job Cuts