Weather Chills China's Economy
Jeffrey Schwartz, the CEO of McDonald's' (MCD) China operation, boarded a plane on the morning of Jan. 28 in Shanghai for what should have been a routine flight to Beijing. But with some of the worst winter weather in memory hammering the country's transportation network, there are no routine flights in China these days. Schwartz didn't arrive in the Chinese capital till that night. "That hour-and-45-minute journey took me 12 hours," he says. "It was the snow."
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Wants Out of Oil and Gas
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations