A 2008 Ford Escape Clause
The Good: Better looks, nicer interior, lower price
The Bad: Weak brakes, clunky fold-down rear seat, outdated transmission and engines
The Bottom Line: Nice little SUV, but should you wait for the '09?
The redesigned Escape compact SUV is one of the few bright spots in financially troubled Ford's (F) lineup. While most other Ford models got clobbered last year, the Escape's sales rose 5.2%, to 165,596. The Escape is selling well, I suspect, because it was redesigned for 2008 and many buyers like its buff new appearance, improved interior, and lower price. I like the Escape, too, and would consider buying one—though probably not the '08.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Racist Outburst Prompts Faber’s Exit From Three Company Boards
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing