Stimulus Package to the Rescue
Racing to head off a global economic downturn, the White House and congressional leaders scrambled to pull together an emergency tax plan to spur growth. The Federal Reserve Board, meanwhile, surprised markets Jan. 22 by aggressively cutting its key interest rate by three-quarters of a percentage point—the central bank's biggest rate reduction in 24 years and its first emergency cut since 2001.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- Musk Dusts Off the Fundraising Playbook With Semi, Roadster Orders