A New Front in the Console Wars
Recent shifts in the gaming landscape have made it easier for small companies to have a big impact. Even as the industry consolidates, creating massive new companies such as the ever-larger (BusinessWeek.com, 10/29/07) Electronic Arts (ERTS) and the newly formed Activision Blizzard (BusinessWeek.com, 12/4/07), smaller independent game developers have gotten a boost from console download services such as Sony's (SNE) PlayStation 3 Network and Microsoft's (MSFT) Xbox Live. Smaller development budgets and the relative simplicity of offering download-only titles is benefiting even the smallest developers.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- Musk Dusts Off the Fundraising Playbook With Semi, Roadster Orders