Book Review: Nicholas Carr's Big SwitchBy
My review of Carr’s The Big Switch. Interesting book that spins out a vision of utility computing. He spends nearly half the book describing a similar shift a century ago, as electricity moved onto grids. I found that part fascinating. In the end, he sees humanity taking its place in this giant global brain, each one of us a sad and purposeful little neuron.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- A L'Oreal Heiress Is Now the World's Richest Woman
- Ivanka Trump Faces Courtroom Showdown Over $785 Sandals
- How Electric Cars Can Create the Biggest Disruption Since the iPhone
- Uber Losing Battle in London After Regulator Revokes License
- A Storm's Never Destroyed a Grid Like Maria Ruined Puerto Rico's