Detroit's Battle for Better, Smaller Engines
There is a new battle shaping up between General Motors (GM) and Ford (F) over engine superiority. And it's not the race for who can achieve the highest horsepower. With gas prices expected to stay above $3 per gallon and pressure on automakers to reduce carbon dioxide emissions, the new battle is over which companies can shrink their engines' sizes and displacements without compromising driving performance or leaving power-hungry customers behind.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Racist Outburst Prompts Faber’s Exit From Three Company Boards
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing