Vital Signs: The Fading Force of Trade
Foreign trade is proving to be an important ingredient in the U.S. economy's resilient performance. In three of the past four quarters up through the third period of 2007, the shrinking trade deficit contributed more than a percentage point to economic growth. While the trade gap should keep narrowing, it is unlikely to maintain the strong pace of last year.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Uber Paid Hackers to Delete Stolen Data on 57 Million People
- European Stocks Drift as Dollar Extends Decline: Markets Wrap
- Tesla’s Burning Through Nearly Half a Million Dollars Every Hour
- Two Biggest Risks Now Are China and Inflation, Market Veteran Says
- What Analysts Are Saying About the Sudden Drop in Chinese Stocks