Ugobe's Pleo: A Baby Dino in Toyland
The Good: Exhibits a range of behaviors and sounds that bring this creature to life
The Bad: Eliciting the toy's subtler responses takes persistence and time
The Bottom Line: Charmingly evokes a puppy or small child, but avoiding repetition requires diligent experimentation
In a market full of toys and games that spring into loud, excited action, Ugobe's Pleo speaks to a subtler approach. When I first set the much-hyped, long-delayed green robotic dinosaur on its feet and slid its switch to "on," Pleo didn't so much announce its presence as slowly wake from what seemed like a very long nap.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- These Guys Want to Lend You Money Against Your Bitcoin
- Fed Raises Rates, Eyes Three 2018 Hikes as Yellen Era Nears End
- This Electric Truck Will Probably Beat Tesla’s to Market
- Bitcoin Points Way to ‘Massive Change’ for Commodity Businesses
- Famed Short-Seller Jim Chanos Says Tesla Headed for ‘Brick Wall’