Validus: A New Power Player
In the 1880s, power industry pioneers Thomas Edison and George Westinghouse Jr. engaged in a fierce public debate dubbed the "war of currents" about whether alternative current (AC) or direct current (DC) was the superior way to distribute electricity. Westinghouse and AC ultimately won. And there hasn't been much debate on the issue for more than 120 years.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- This $14 Million Atlanta Home With Bunker Is ‘Safest in America’
- Separatists Pledge to Fight On After Spain Moves to Oust Catalan Leaders
- These Cities Make NYC Housing Look Dirt Cheap
- GE's New CEO Vows Sweeping Change After ‘Unacceptable’ Report
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day