FON's Muni Wi-Fi Moves
Just as EarthLink is backing out of municipal Wi-Fi business, another company, FON, seems to be going in full speed ahead. As you’ll recall, FON is the company, backed by the likes of Skype and Google, that sells routers and allows router owners to surf other FON owners’ networks fee-free. The outfit also gives out tons of routers for free, just to increase its network density. Well, lately, it’s started giving out free routers to municipalities.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Marc Faber Asked to Leave Sprott Board After Racist Report
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing