European Movers: France Telecom, Conergy, UBS
NORTHERN ROCK was down £0.05 to £1.00... Two contenders left: Virgin and Arnold The battle for the company has been whittled down two bidders, after Cerberus, the US private equity firm, dropped out of the running, The Times reports. Cites sources close to the company saying that only two bids were being seriously considered by the board and its advisers. Virgin Group remains the preferred bidder, but shareholders favor a proposal from a consortium led by Luqman Arnold.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Racist Outburst Prompts Faber’s Exit From Three Company Boards
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing