Apple And Google Smash Open The Telecom Oligopoly--Verizon Caves And Co-Creators Win.By
For those of us who believe people should be able to design their own tools, co-create their own products and services and control their own lives, the decision by Verizon to open up its closed system is huge. Thanks to the huge popularity of the iPhone and the upcoming Google phone, Verizon is going to “”permit” people to configure their own array of services for their phones. To say this is a long time coming from the oligopoly known as the telecom industry, is an enormous understatement.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fewest Jobless Claims Since 1973 Show Firm U.S. Job Market
- Germans Are Going Wild for a Show Set During the Dawn of the Nazis
- U.S. Senate Adopts Budget, Giving Momentum to Trump's Tax-Cut Plans
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day