Apple And Google Smash Open The Telecom Oligopoly--Verizon Caves And Co-Creators Win.By
For those of us who believe people should be able to design their own tools, co-create their own products and services and control their own lives, the decision by Verizon to open up its closed system is huge. Thanks to the huge popularity of the iPhone and the upcoming Google phone, Verizon is going to “”permit” people to configure their own array of services for their phones. To say this is a long time coming from the oligopoly known as the telecom industry, is an enormous understatement.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Stocks Slide From Records as Anxiety Bubbles Up: Markets Wrap
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Turns Out It Will Be Congress’s Fault When Stocks Crash
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Facebook and Google Helped Anti-Refugee Campaign in Swing States