3.84% Signals Recession--This Will Be A Testing Time For CEOs And Innovation.By
The interest rate on the 10-year Treasury bond dropped to 3.84% on Monday, below that of the 2-year bond and you don’t have to be a financial whiz kid to understand that in the past this often signalled a recession ahead. The Federal Reserve is again pumping extra money into the financial system. The big test for senior managers (of big corporations and small design consultancies) over the next year or so is whether they proceed with their plans for innovation and change or fall back on cost-cutting and efficiency drives to keep profits up.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Marc Faber Asked to Leave Sprott Board After Racist Report
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing