Taewoong Gets a Heavy Metal Boost
South Korea is home for industries benefiting from high oil prices and China's sizzling growth. And few parts suppliers are profiting more than Taewoong (TAEWF) from the booming shipbuilding and factory construction businesses. The Korean maker of forged metal parts for ship engines, petrochemical factories, and power plants saw its operating profits jump 67%, to $48.2 million, in the first nine months of this year on sales of $283.9 million, up 33% from the same period last year.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Ford to Take $267 Million Hit From Recall of F-Series Trucks
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Facebook and Google Helped Anti-Refugee Campaign in Swing States