Are Facebook, MySpace And Open Social Networks Dead?
The rise of gated social networks, where you need a “key” or invitation to get in, is throwing doubts on the future of Facebook and MySpace. The opening of these social networks to advertising, the commercialization of the audience’s personal data and relationships, is leading to a big exodus of people, at least the folks I know who have been on Facebook for a long time.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fewest Jobless Claims Since 1973 Show Firm U.S. Job Market
- Germans Are Going Wild for a Show Set During the Dawn of the Nazis
- GE's New CEO Slashes Profit Outlook, Sends Shares Tumbling
- U.S. Senate Adopts Budget, Giving Momentum to Trump's Tax-Cut Plans
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself