John Kao's Pocket PrimersReena Jana
John Kao’s recent book, Innovation Nation, has been garnering media attention, but Kao’s self-published how-to booklets on innovation are also a must-read. And they’re harder to find, as Kao hands out the neon-hued, pocket-sized publications in person only. His Innovation Manifesto outlines 20 statements such as “innovation is connected to how you treat your people,” meant to provoke managerial debates…and action. Kao — a medical doctor, former Harvard B-School and MIT Media Lab professor, and movie producer (among many other roles!) — also hands out a Transformation Manifesto to help companies spur change from within. His latest booklet, a Facilitation Manifesto, is meant to help benchmark and track innovation progress. I recently got a set from Kao after meeting in New York. And I’m looking forward to more in the series.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Subways May Be the Latest Casualty of China's Crackdown on Debt
- Honda Recalls 800,000 Odyssey Minivans Linked to Injuries