Citi May Have a New Mess on Its Hands
One of the most maddening aspects of the current credit-market crisis has been trying to get a handle on the off-balance sheet liabilities at Citigroup (C), which has already disclosed a $1.6 billion hit from exotic debt investments. In this accounting shadowland, nothing is certain. Yet a document analysis by BusinessWeek suggests that Citi may face a fresh billion-dollar exposure because of financial obligations tied to the commercial paper market, a critical source for short-term financing.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Wants Out of Oil and Gas