MySpace Joining Google's OpenSocial: ConfirmedRob Hof
A number of blogs, including Silicon Alley Insider and TechCrunch, say they've confirmed that News Corp.'s MySpace is joining Google's just-announced OpenSocial program. (Update: I'm at the press conference at Google, and the two companies just confirmed it.) OpenSocial is Google's shot at one-upping Facebook in the race to get outside software developers to create programs for social networks. While it wouldn't be entirely surprising, given Google's ad deal with MySpace, such an agreement would be a huge win for Google's plan to stake out a place on the social Web.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Everything Is Crazy and the Markets Aren’t Freaking Out
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline
- Facebook Is Looking for Employees With National Security Clearances
- London House Prices Fall Most Since Financial Crisis
- Kushners’ Control of Family’s NYC Crown Jewel Is Now in Jeopardy