Motor City MeltdownBy
Sometimes its the vultures who get eaten. General Motors was lucky to unload a majority stake in its finance subsidiary (GMAC) for $14 billion last year. The subsidiary, now 51% owned by vulture fund Cerberus Group, just reported a $1.3 billion loss for the third quarter. That was due to $2.3 billion in red ink from GMAC’s mortage operation GMAC ResCap.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- These Guys Want to Lend You Money Against Your Bitcoin
- Fed Raises Rates, Eyes Three 2018 Hikes as Yellen Era Nears End
- This Electric Truck Will Probably Beat Tesla’s to Market
- Bitcoin Points Way to ‘Massive Change’ for Commodity Businesses
- Famed Short-Seller Jim Chanos Says Tesla Headed for ‘Brick Wall’