German Design Shines
Europe has had an edge over America when it comes to sustainable design, historically, so it's little surprise that on Friday students from a German school bested 19 other college and university teams in the 2007 Solar Decathlon, a biennial intercollegiate competition sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) to promote innovative sun-powered, energy-efficient dwellings. The University of Maryland and Santa Clara University placed second and third, respectively.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- The Latest on the Political Turmoil in Zimbabwe
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- Norway Oil Bosses Insist End Isn't Nigh After $35 Billion Shock
- Bitcoin Soars Past $8,000 as Technology Shift Concern Vanishes
- Subways May Be the Latest Casualty of China's Crackdown on Debt