California: Fire Costs Flare
The wildfires raging across Southern California are on track to become one of the most expensive fire events in U.S. history. On Oct. 23 the Insurance Information Institute estimated that insured damages from the blaze would reach at least $500 million, including damaged homes, lost business activity, and expenses for the hundreds of thousands of people who have been displaced. "Those are the insured losses," says Robert Hartwig, the institute's president. "The actual economic losses will be higher."
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Subways May Be the Latest Casualty of China's Crackdown on Debt
- Honda Recalls 800,000 Odyssey Minivans Linked to Injuries