Solar Winner from the Land of Grey SkiesBy
It seems a bit ironic that the team from the Technical University of Darmstadt, Germany, a place not known for its sunny blue skies, won the U.S. Energy Dept.’s annual solar decathalon. This year’s competition had 20 university teams from the U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico, Germany, and Spain building ultra-energy-efficient houses on the mall. And it appears that coming from a country where, as the poet Heinrich Heine put it, “summer is a green winter” was no disadvantage.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline
- Everything Is Crazy and the Markets Aren’t Freaking Out
- Facebook Is Looking for Employees With National Security Clearances
- Kushners’ Control of Family’s NYC Crown Jewel Is Now in Jeopardy
- London House Prices Fall Most Since Financial Crisis