Preparing for a Tough Job Interview
I recently gave a communications lecture to a group of big city police officers. Most of the men and women were lieutenants preparing for the most important job interview of their careers—promotion to captain. The selection process is intense. These officers only get the opportunity to apply once every four years, and only a few will make it. Some are nearing retirement, so for them it could be the last chance to attain the rank of captain and all that goes with it: increased responsibility, higher visibility, more pay, and a far better pension for the rest of their lives.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Racist Outburst Prompts Faber's Exit From Three Company Boards
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing