Chipperfield Wins Stirling
Betting shops in Great Britain got it nearly correct when they laid odds on the winner of this year's Stirling Prize, an honor bestowed by the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) for the building deemed the year's greatest contribution to British architecture. David Chipperfield Architects' Museum of Modern Literature, in Marbach am Neckar, Germany, received the prize at a gala televised live on Saturday night. The architect had two buildings among the six semi-finalists, but its America's Cup Building, in Valencia, Spain, was favored to win at 3-1 by the oddsmaker William Hill. Odds for the Museum of Modern Literature were 7-2.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Honda Recalls 800,000 Odyssey Minivans Linked to Injuries
- Why Are Critics Calling the $450 Million Painting Fake?