Integrating the High End: HP vs. DellBy
In 2006, Dell and Hewlett-Packard both went after PC makers specializing in high-end gaming systems. Dell bought Alienware and HP acquired Voodoo. Dell’s strategy remains opaque, with a lack of clear positioning of Alienware’s desktops and laptops vs. the Dell-branded premium XPS line. HP’s marketing approach is becoming much clearer with the launch of the Blackbird 002 super-premium desktop. While maintaining the independence of Voodoo, HP’s personal systems group is using Voodoo’s mojo to bring some pizzazz to the HP desktop line.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Wants Out of Oil and Gas