Is Jaguar an Endangered Species?
A dense crowd eyed the new Jaguar XF four-door coupe as it was unveiled at the Frankfurt Auto Show (BusinessWeek.com, 9/10/07) earlier this month. Under hot, glaring spotlights, skeptics circled the car slowly with furrowed brows, castigating the design under their breath as "Lexus-like." Enthusiasts praised the four-door coupe's classic proportions and contemporary lines, jumping behind the wheel to check out the interior. "It's a very interesting car. It will either be loved or hated—there is no middle ground," says Garel Rhys, professor of automotive economics at the University of Cardiff in Wales.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Wants Out of Oil and Gas