Volkswagen's Small-Car Revival
Volkswagen veered off track in the 1990s with expensive, upmarket models. Now it’s steering back to its roots: Small cars at more pleasing prices. The “Up” is the first of VW’s “New Small Family” of cars. The four-seater with a glass hatch will be developed in two versions, one as a lifestyle car for city driving which will challenge Mercedes’ Smart or Fiat’s new remake of the 500, and a simpler, cheaper version for emerging markets.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Wants Out of Oil and Gas