A Bold Idea for Bernanke
The Federal Reserve Board usually moves with elephantine majesty. But a fast-talking New Yorker on its Board of Governors, Frederic S. Mishkin, has broached the idea that the Fed could prevent a lot of damage from a severe housing slump by acting swiftly and cutting interest rates aggressively even before the slump's impact on the broad economy is evident.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Honda Recalls 800,000 Odyssey Minivans Linked to Injuries
- Why Are Critics Calling the $450 Million Painting Fake?