The Sweet Business of Gourmet Chocolate
Is Campbell's getting out of the chocolate market at just the right time? Earlier this month, the $7.34 billion Camden (N.J.) soup maker disclosed that it is looking to sell Godiva Chocolatier after more than 40 years of ownership. The announcement came as a wave of new competitors has entered the premium chocolate market and as the cost of raw materials has skyrocketed (see BusinessWeek.com, 8/14/07, "Chocolate Prices on the Rise").
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Uber Paid Hackers to Delete Stolen Data on 57 Million People
- Tesla’s Burning Through Nearly Half a Million Dollars Every Hour
- New Uber CEO Keeps Finding Horrors at Every Turn
- Facebook to Show Users Which Russian Propaganda They Followed
- Jamie Dimon Says He'd Bet Donald Trump Doesn't Win Again in 2020