Countrywide Feels the Heat
Angelo Mozilo, CEO of Countrywide Financial (CFC), is taking serious flak for the mammoth mortgage company's role in the housing meltdown. I caught up with Mozilo twice in the space of a week—first for an exclusive interview on CNBC following Bank of America's (BAC) $2 billion infusion into Countrywide, and then on the heels of a New York Times story taxing Mozilo and Countrywide with allegedly engaging in questionable lending practices.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Honda Recalls 800,000 Odyssey Minivans Linked to Injuries
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations