Utilities, Coal, and MTM: Et Tu Brute?Heather Green
Now here’s an interesting twist, in light of the news that the Bush Administration is going to make it easier to do mountaintop mining near streams and dump debris into streams.
Before Valentine’s Day, 11 gold retailers including the largest retailer Wal-Mart, pledged support cleaner gold mining practices. That means supporting the halt of dumping mine waste into oceans, rivers, streams and lakes. According to No Dirty Gold, the group behind this effor, the 19 companies who support the Golden Rules represent about $12 billion in retail jewelry sales, or 22 percent of total jewelry sales in the United States. (Hat tip Switchboard)
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- China Warns It May Retaliate If U.S. Imposes Metal Tariffs
- Box-Office Smash ‘Black Panther’ May Be Game Changer for Artists
- All 65 Aboard Plane Feared Dead in Crash in Southern Iran
- Apple’s New Spaceship Campus Has One Flaw – and It Hurts
- Winn-Dixie and Tops Owners Are Said to Prepare for Bankruptcy